Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Appointment, ultrasound, and belly pictures!

Tuesday afternoon was my 34 weeks appointment. Just a regular visit plus an ultrasound since my last OB visit my uterus was measuring smaller than my Dr. expected.
Unfortunately Tom had to miss the entire appointment due to being back at work, and will miss my next one as well. We are both upset about it, as he always has come to all my appointments. I swear between all three children, he has only missed 5 appointments so far, 3 of them being an ultrasound for each kiddo.

The ultrasound was first. Since it was to measure growth, we got an estimated weight, which is 5 lbs 13 oz. I know very well ultrasounds can be way off, but still it makes me feel really good knowing she is growing very well, considering she is supposed to be small based on all the research of I have read about methadone babies. Bailey was hard to see, as my amniotic fluid is low. I don't recall the number, but Dr. Sharpe said it was in the gray area. It was exactly where I remember it being with Collin. With Collin, the Dr. just told me to increase my fluids. I am not sure why, but this time he was more cautious. He told me to increase fluids, stay off my feet as much as possible, stay in air conditioning during the day, and to limit my activity. He told me if it drops much more I will be on bed rest. Then he asked if I was still working, I told him Sunday is my last day. He then told me, if I was still planning on working, he would have me stop now. I am of course a nervous wreck trying to figure out why with Collin it wasn't nearly as concerning as it is this time, at least this time she is head time and I am feeling her move constantly.. Oh, and the biggest reason I am so concerned and worried now..

He wants me to come in for weekly ultrasounds and ob visits. This is so new to me as I am used to not seeing him weekly until 38 weeks....

As for the rest of the appointment, urine was fine, bp was 100/60 as always, and my weight hasn't changed since my last appointment, so I am still up 8 lbs total.

I haven't posted belly pictures in a bit so here are the ones you all have missed:
Weeks 30 and 31:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Weeks 32 and 33:
3233

Lastly, week 34:
34

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails