Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

I have a dream

..to in the near future have my own home. A home with enough space to raise my family and be content in our space. A home with a fenced in yard large enough for my children to play & to entertain cook outs and birthday parties. A home in a neighborhood where I can take my children for walks and not have to overly stress about them being hit by a car. A home in a family friendly neighborhood. A home close to shopping, dining, & playgrounds. A home in a good school district. A home no more than 20 minutes from the beach. A home with a 2nd apartment for my parents so I can help my mother out when needed.

I saw my home today. I know we won't get it, but a girl can dream right?



The downstairs is a kitchen, full bath, W/D hook-up, living and bedroom, also has a mud room. Perfect for my parents.

Huge fenced in backyard. Perfect for my children. Large enough for Thomas' birthday parties which usually have 60-75 people in attendance.
Landscaping is beautiful.

Now the main part of the house. There is a bedroom w/ handicapped bathroom, which would be my brothers, if we were to ever get this, and my mom would come up to use it if she would come up to use it, if she was having leg trouble.

Open floor plan with kitchen, living room, dining room and dinette area. We would use the dinette area for the kitchen table and use the dining room as a den/playroom. The living room has built in shelving around the fireplace. With a cable hook-up and electrical outlet above the mantle.

Beautiful, brand new stacking W/D.

Three bedrooms upstairs, but not upstairs. There are literally 6 steps to the upstairs. Two bedrooms are connected by a bi-fold door. Perfect for a nursery connected to mommy and daddy's room. Each bedroom has a decent sized closet. Plus a linen and storage closet in between the bedrooms and bathroom.

The bathroom is perfect. Room for a little box, hamper, and toy chest for all the bath toys.



If
we were to get this home, my parents, my brother, and my husband & and I would all have our own entrances. And the best part is we would be living with my parents providing my mother the care she needs, yet not living together as we would have our own living space.


Now it's time to stop dreaming. My father is calling the realtor on Tuesday on his morning break. Yet, I know this is not going to happen. Things like this don't happen to me. The two times I have lived in a perfect home to raise a family I literally got fucked out of the home.

But a wife and mommy can dream! Right?

ETA: Here is the house: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/75-Fallon-Dr-North-Haven-CT-06473/58939610_zpid/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails