Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

28 weeks and the glucose screening


Well this week I am 28 weeks. My BFF Katie, had her son at 37 weeks early Friday morning. David Gordan the third came into the world at 5 lbs 12 oz.
Before she had him, I was happy being pregnant. No where near ready for Bailey to make her way into this world. I was happy having her all to myself, in utero.
Now.... I am anxious and somewhat ready to have my little girl here. I am so excited about going into labor, delivering, and seeing my daughter. My daughter.. That still seems so weird to say. I have been a mother of boys for almost 4 years now. I am beginning to worry about raising a girl. My two biggest concerns are changing a female diaper and her growing up. The diaper changing thing may sound funny but I am so beyond serious. I mean, boys the biggest concern is the circumcision healing. After that it is all just wiping the outside. There are no folds to worry about getting poo in. I am petrified of changing my daughter.
Then there is the fact that she will be a teenager one day.. I think about how I was pregnant at the young age of 13. I think about all the wrongs I was doing at 13, running away from home, being a whore, dating 20+year old men. Man.. No wonder my parents kicked me out when I was 13.. I put them through hell. Granted if it weren't for my behavior and getting myself kicked out, I would not have began dating my husband, 20 years old at the time, but I would not have been given the children I have, and am about to have. I truly hope we raise her right and with more morals and respect for herself than I have had.

Today I did my glucose screening. My morning sickness is at its worst since the 1st trimester, so it was a real challenge to keep that gunk down for an hour. I threw up the minute I got home. Eww. Thursday is my next regular OB appointment. After that I will be going in every two weeks.

I guess I am in the home stretch now huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails