Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Babywearing-Carriers

I have posted my opinions on different baby carriers on JM a lot lately and thought I'd share here.

I have 3 carriers. A Moby wrap, The Peanut Shell, and the Snugli by Evenflo

Here are my "reviews" on each:


Moby-PERFECT for the newborn stage. Was able to do anything around the house and out without worrying much. I always checked her breathing, probably too much, but thats it. She was able to nurse in it perfectly. Best part was being able to put the fabric over her head to hold her completely still against my body.

Great now for long carrying. No back/shoulder pain. It does get hot though. I can wear it in no humidity up to 80* out, but if it is humid or hotter or both, heck no. Walking for the fireworks the other day was brutal-Bailey was fine, a bit warm-but I was sweating like a pig.
Don't like it for quick carrying or spur of the moment carrying as it does take a minute to get on. I mainly use it for outings with the family, when I know we will be doing a lot of standing/walking

The Peanut Shell-got it from a friend but she got it at TJ Maxx for $12. Was able to nurse in it while grocery shopping and no one had a clue. Didn't like the way Bailey looked in the cradle hold. Love it because it fits into really tiny places-keep it in the diaper bag-and I can just through it on with no adjusting, wrapping, buckling. Bailey (and Collin) usually use the hip hold in it. I can wear it for over an hour with out any discomfort. Bailey loves it as it feels more like she is being held. PERFECT for quick runs into the grocery store, bringing a toddler/preschooler into school/day care


Snugli-I have had this since Thomas. I love I can keep it in the car. I also love that Tom will wear this. My shoulders tend to hurt after about 30-45 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Get ye to a woven wrap for everything you love about the Moby but MUCH, MUCH COOLER! It's all I use in Florida year-round!

    I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to try and find one in person. (Can't make online purchases.) I keep hearing the same thing, and well the Moby is pretty warm now that we are having 90 degree weather. Lol.

    Thank you for reading and for the comment! <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails