Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

39 weeks, appt and belly pic

Another week gone. Due date is Saturday/Monday, depending on what you want to go by. Yep, I found out my doctor had changed my due date to the 5th at some point. No clue when. It sucks when I was originally due on September 22nd. I am so over being pregnant right now. I hate saying this since I know very well after the 1st few days or week or so, I will definitely miss having Miss Bailey all to myself, the kicking, and the belly..but, for now, I am over pregnancy. I have done everything I could find on naturally inducing labor, except eating pineapple and acupuncture. And if I could do acupuncture at home, I would have done that as well.

Other than finding out my due date was changed again, my appointment was totally uneventful. I had another ultrasound 1st. Bailey is measuring 7 lbs 15 oz. To me, I thought that was strange since two weeks ago she was measuring 7 lbs 11 oz and I had *thought* babies were supposed to gain 1/2-1 lb per week in the last month. I am not complaining, the thought of pushing out an eight lb baby scares the bejesus out of me. We got a good face shot, unfortunately I can get a good photo of it and don't own a scanner. She looks just like me when I am miserable. Frowny face and all. Fluid is still borderline. Consistency is a good thing here. Heart rate was 128 BPM.

Then I went on for the appointment. Urine fine, BP was up but "normal" 128/72. No changes in my cervix, still 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, just like the last two weeks. Again, very soft. He said it feels a lot different than last week. I guess that is a good thing? I don't know. Bailey is just comfortable in there. I mentioned that her movement has decreased by at least 50% in the past week, which I had attributed to lack of space. So he scheduled me for a non-stress test on Friday morning. I was told to make sure I have a good breakfast first. Monday, my new due date, is my next appointment and another ultrasound to make sure she is still content in there. Sadly, I will not be seeing my OB that day. I will be seeing the on call OB, Dr. Farrentino.

Yep, my OB is on vacation as of today. If I deliver between now and October 11th, he will be delivering Miss. Bailey. If I make it to the 12th, which I hope I don't, I will get Dr. Sharpe. He is on vacation until then. The man only takes one vacation a year and this is just my luck...

I was very upset this entire pregnancy about the possibility of him not delivering me, was excited when I learned he would be, let down when told Bailey would be transferred, excited again when told how we would handle that, and now let down again since he is on vacation and Bailey has yet to make her appearance.

I am now okay with Farrentino delivering. He is one of my cousin's OB's and is known for having the birthing partner help deliver/"catch" the baby. My cousin actually was the one to hold onto his son's head and help guide him out as his fiance pushed. He was the 1st person to hold the baby, even before the OB. I think that is awesome. Tom is a bit apprehensive about the whole idea of "catching" Bailey, but is starting to come around.

I guess that's everything.. I have finally at 6:41 pm on September 30th, given up hope of having another September baby.

Lastly, here is my latest belly picture, hopefully my last, as 39 weeks was the last with both boys:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails