Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nana's watching over.

After blog-hoppin' I came across Mama Kat's blog: Mama's Losin' It! Today on her blog she had a writers workshop for other bloggers to join in. I decided, "Why not?"

I chose #4:

The world is going to come to an end unless you get a tattoo that covers your entire back. Describe the tattoo you’ll get.

Starting at the top left of my back, their would be a photo of my hero. My Nana with clouds surrounding her. The clouds would make way to the right, where there would be a large eye opening sun. the clouds would make way to the top of a forest, as you go lower and get through the leaves of the trees and down through the trunks, there will be a clearing, right in the middle. In the empty space with be portraits of my three children. This would all be done in natural colors. Blue/white skies, dark leafy green leaves. Nana's grey/white permed 'afro' looking as it did before she passed. This tattoo would mean that no matter what, no matter where my children are, my grandmother, my Nana will be watching over them.

Thinking about this and typing this out makes me miss her oh so much! It has been 2 years, 2 months and 18 days since I lost my best friend. It still feels like yesterday. It still tortures my soul that Collin and Bailey never had the chance to at least be held by her. At least I can remember she is watching over my children.

Want to join in on today's writers workshop? Click this button!


***I am a total blonde and didn't listen to directions, I used my blog url, instead of my post url like I was supposed to do. Doh'!***


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so creative! What a wonderful tribute that would be to your Nana. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,

    That's beautiful. You described it so well I could picture it.


    Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails