Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Class of 2014's 'List'

I heard this story on the 5 am local news. What was I doing up at 5 am on a Tuesday you ask? Watching T.V. and making breakfast for my 3 very awake kids.


Anyway, back on topic. Apparently according to this study, done in Milwaukee the students entering college this year think email is too slow. I don't know about anyone else, but as long as you have your contact list, I find it faster than having a conversation by text. Much easier to type!


Phones never had cords... Hmm..Have they never been in a doctors office? Any office? Most offices I have been in, they use corded phones.


Computers they used as kids are in museums now... I am only on average, 5 years older than the Class of '14. This makes me feel old to think about. I know my in-laws still have a computer running on Windows 98. I had a computer with Windows 95, as I am sure most of you had as well!


Fewer than ever know how to write in cursive, um.. I thought that was taught in 2nd grade? I never really used it much after that, but I know how. Hell, I even know how to right the dreaded letter 'Z'.


Few have ever worn a wristwatch. Sadly this I believe. I have only worn a watch maybe a handful of times.


Parents and teachers feared Beavis and Butt-head might be the voice of a lost generation. For some reason or another this made me giggle. B & BH barely made an impact. Yes I remember being still in elementary school and being forbidden from even watching MTV. Now I will watch B& BH with the hubs and wonder why they were oh so cool.


 Computers have never lacked a CD-ROM drive. I remember way back in the 2nd and 3rd and 4th grade, that computers only had a drive for floppy disks. Has anyone even seen one of those in the past few years? 


Never recognized that pointing to their wrists was a request for the time of day. I really thought it was a universal sign??


Nirvana is on the classic oldies station. Now this I really, really do not believe. I mean, come on. Nirvana is still played on Radio 104 here! Was 1994 really that long ago?


Toothpaste has always stood on up on their caps. I have a tube in my bathroom right now that doesn't! How about that?! I remember when my regularly used toothpaste was the new big thing! Toothpaste in a pump? Oh yeah, I still favor my Mentadent. Too bad it takes a trip to at least 3 stores to find the refills!


This one is just really, really sad: Beethoven has always been a dog. My husband would be completely embarrassed if our children grow up and don't know at the very least the most popular classical artists.


Havings hundreds of cable channels but nothing to watch has always been routine. I know I was never around when there were only 3 or even 30 channels. But I remember my father's television only went up to channel 39. I also remember have about 60-70 channels and it being a complete luxury if you had Disney or HBO.


Michelangelo is a computer virus? I thought he was a ninja turtle named after a famous artist? hehe.






There are a bunch more, but because I am so young myself I can't really comment on them. Heck, I'll admit it. There were a few things on the list of 75 I didn't know myself.


To see the complete list you can go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails