Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Awesomely Autumn

Fall 2008


I don't know about everyone else, but Autumn is my favorite season of them all. Spring is a close second with the like temperature's and all, but Autumn clearly is number one. Between being able to choose short or long sleeves in the early fall, or hoodie or coat in the late fall, there are so many other amazing aspects to Autumn.


Fall 2009






Of course one of the best highlights to Autumn is the amazing foliage and beautiful colors! Who doesn't love just jumping in a big pile of leaves?
I absolutely love taking pictures of the pretty colors, and making crafts with the kids out of the leaves! Who knew one red leaf placed on white paper in a $1 frameless picture frame would look so amazing when you have three people making on and you put them one beneath another on a small wall between a door and a window.

And the foliage also makes an awesome backdrop to random flowers and plants that are dying due to the early frost

Fall 2008
There is something about knowing although the leaves, plants, and flowers are wilting away, they will grow back in the spring. Autumn is always so refreshing to me to know that after the hustle and bustle of all the holidays, things will calm soon. Many people do spring cleaning. Not me. Instead I do Autumn cleaning. Those first nice days of spring should never be spent cleaning with young children in the home. They should be spent at parks, playgrounds, and hiking trials. That 1st really crisp day of Autumn when you are too shocked to leave the house? Now that is perfect for "Spring Cleaning."

Fall 2008
Over at Mama Kat's, one of this weeks Writing Prompts were, "10 reasons you're glad it's Fall." I know I had to choose it. If you can't tell, I love Autumn! Absolutely love it. Well everything but the financial stress it always seems to bring! 

First of all, I still focus on the school year, not the actual calender date, so Autumn starts Labor Day weekend to me. Now, my 10 reason's I am glad it is fall!

1. Thomas' Birthday always starts it off!

September 6th, 2010
2. Apple Picking

Fall 2007
3. (This reason is beginning this year!) Bailey's Birthday

Turning One on October 2nd!

4. Foliage

Image Souce

5. Pumpkin Picking

 2009

6. Halloween

2009

7. Those last few walks before it gets too cold.

Nov 2009

8. Kicking threw the leaves on those walks.

Nov 2009
9. Thanksgiving

Thankgiving 2009 at Rachels
10. Getting ready for Christmas with my children

Making our own pine and pine cone wreath - Nov 2009


With past memories like these, wouldn't you love Autumn?

Mama's Losin' It
This post is inspired by one of this weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails