Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blogging

Mama's Losin' It

For the past few weeks the Writing Prompts over at "Mama's Losin' It!" have far from inspired me. It wasn't until I came across another entry in my reader that I remember to check this Thursday's prompts.

One of the options was:
Write about what blogging means to you. Why do you blog? What purpose does it serve you and how have you benefited from sharing a piece of yourself online this way?

Hmm.. Why do I blog? What purpose does it serve? Do I benefit from sharing myself online?

As far back as I remember I have always had diaries, journals, memory books, and random writings, doodles, and what not in my school notebooks. All of which I always would purposely leave around for my husband, then boyfriend, or friends, or family to read. I wanted people to know my innermost thoughts and feelings.

While I do have a tendency to open up. A tad bit way too much, I wasn't always this way. I never spoke up. I never spoke my thoughts, opinions, or feelings. I was always far too embarrassed. I mean, what would people think if they knew what was really going on in there?

With writing, I was able to manipulate the way my thoughts and feelings came across. I could get my point across without making people feel like it was their fault, or that I was crazy and needed to be instituted.

Back in 2000 I started my own Angelfire webpage and began my blogging career. I wish I could come across some of my old "websites". They'd be pretty amusing. Then in 2005 I discovered Myspace, and its blog feature and began my 1st real "blog". At some point during the time I blogged on Myspace it was recommended I move to Blogger. It took some time and a few good online friends to start for me to make the switch. I am so glad I did. I love going back and reading little flashes of my past.

The purpose my blogging serves is having a place to look back on with my thoughts and pictures, in one place. I can put my opinion and feelings out there and get real non-sugar coated advice, sympathy when I need it. I can make a whole community of online friends when I do not get out much with three young children. I can let my thoughts and obsessions out with out it turning into and inward battle in my head.

The purpose it serves me is simple. It's purpose is to help me stay sane.

I guess I also just answered how I benefit by putting myself out there within that paragraph as well.

I am just so glad I discovered the world of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails